SD Mortgages serves a segment of the real estate market comprised of borrowers who are typically under-serviced by Canadian financial institutions that are reticent to provide customized, short-term loans. Borrowers are generally seeking financing to bridge a period of one to five years where they require temporary capital for repairs, redevelopment or the purchase of another investment. Although financial institutions do provide credit to this segment of the market, their underwriting criteria are generally more rigid. This is particularly true in residential land development and construction.
This allows alternative lenders, SD Mortgages, to satisfy a need. Subsequent to the lending period, these alternative loans are typically repaid with longer-term (and lower cost) debt obtained from other sources once the repairs/development is complete or from proceeds generated from an asset sale. As a result of the speed, flexibility and term on loans (no prepayment penalties for example), borrowers are willing to pay a higher interest rate than that of conventional mortgage financing.
SD Mortgages has streamlined the critical path for borrowers to obtain the type of financing they need.
The loan application form outline the basic information we need to qualify a loan, which can be down-loaded from our site for your convenience. Please call us if you require any assistance or have questions.
- First and second open and closed mortgages on residential, construction, investment, land and seasonal properties.
- We offer timely fundings— On emergency basis fundings can be made within hours of receipt of a full application and appraisal.
- We offer the flexibility of pure private or equity lending with institutional-style operations and post-closing administration.
- Pricing is set and predictable, based on an industry-leading rate and fee matrix.
- We fund mortgages for consolidation and also to provide funds to discharge a bankruptcy or consumer proposal.
- We direct the solicitor to disburse funds to creditors in order of priority so you have a complete record and funds summary.
- We have no minimum beacon score requirement so even borrowers with low scores and beacon rejects can access equity.
- We set payment frequency to match the borrowers’ payroll dates for better cash flow.
- We will allow the existing first mortgage to remain in place, which eliminates prepayment penalties and frees up more equity for consolidation.
- We can set a custom term so the borrower can refinance at A rates as soon as possible.
- All liens, judgments and executions must be paid from or prior to the advance, including CRA, or they must be postponed.
Estimate your potential mortgage payments
The monthly mortgage commitment is an important factor shaping most home buying decisions. Most buyers want to know if the monthly mortgage payment will fit within the monthly budget. At SD Mortgages, we understand your need to plan and anticipate your costs for such a large investment. Our Mortgage Payment Calculator helps you get an idea of what you could be paying monthly for your mortgage.